July 2023 – Meeting Replay – AI Transformation
Below are all resources from MEMUG’s July 2023 event on AI Transformation with Microsoft. It includes the recorded videos, presentations, and additional links.
- Part 1 – Demystifying AI | Jennifer Martinez
- Part 2 – Featured Sponsor Session | ScriptRunner
- Part 3 – Enhancing Cybersecurity: Using AI to Collect, Collate and Curate | Rod Trent
- Part 4 – Enhancing Productivity: Microsoft 365 Copilot | Nick Aquino & Jasmine Hoegh
Part 1 – Demystifying AI | Jennifer Martinez
Session Agenda: explain what Generative AI is, how it works, and why it matters for IT professionals. She will also explain key concepts necessary to make sense of all the buzz, sort through the marketing noise, and debunk some common myths and misconceptions about Generative AI and its applications.
Jennifer Martinez is a Microsoft Sr Technology Strategist advising Senior business and IT leaders at global enterprises. Her experience spans startups to global enterprises, across multiple business functions and industries providing an awareness of the similarities and idiosyncrasies unique to each organization and sector. Her technical background is as diverse. As a consultant, a technical trainer and an accomplished conference speaker, her areas of focus include outcome driven decision making, organizational change management, knowledge, information, and data management, and governance. Tech is the enabler.
Part 2 – Featured Sponsor Session | ScriptRunner
ScriptRunner, a Microsoft partner and a leading provider of PowerShell solutions, will show you how to use PowerShell to automate and delegate your routine tasks, such as managing users, groups, permissions, services, and more. You will also learn how to use ScriptRunner’s web-based interface to run scripts on remote servers and devices.
- Ready-to-User PowerShell scripts: https://github.com/scriptrunner/ActionPacks
- PowerShell Goodies: https://lp.scriptrunner.com/en/powershell-goodies
- PowerShell security e-book https://lp.scriptrunner.com/en/powershell-security-guide
- Book an individual ScriptRunner demo session with me: https://lp.scriptrunner.com/meetings/heiko-brenn/demo-en
Part 3 – Enhancing Cybersecurity: Using AI to Collect, Collate and Curate | Rod Trent
Cybersecurity is a critical challenge for organizations and individuals. The volume and complexity of cyber threats are increasing exponentially, and traditional methods of detection and prevention are no longer sufficient. To cope with this challenge, artificial intelligence (AI) can offer powerful solutions to collect, collate and curate data from various sources and domains, and to analyze and act on them in real time. In this session, we will explore how AI can enhance cybersecurity in three aspects:
- Collect: How AI can leverage big data, cloud computing, IoT and other technologies to gather relevant and diverse data from multiple sources, such as network traffic, user behavior, social media, dark web, and open-source intelligence.
- Collate: How AI can apply advanced techniques, such as natural language processing, machine learning, graph analytics and knowledge representation, to organize and integrate data from different formats, languages, and contexts, and to identify patterns, anomalies, and relationships.
- Curate: How AI can use reasoning, inference, decision making and human-computer interaction to generate actionable insights, recommendations and responses for cybersecurity professionals and stakeholders, and to facilitate collaboration and communication.
Rod is a Senior Program Manager for Microsoft focused on Cybersecurity and AI. He has spoken many times at many conferences over the past 30-some years and has several written books and hundreds of articles. He is a husband, dad, and first-time grandfather. In his spare time (if such a thing does truly exist), you can regularly find him simultaneously watching Six Million Dollar Man TV show episodes and writing KQL queries.
Part 4 – Enhancing Productivity: Microsoft 365 Copilot | Nick Aquino & Jasmine Hoegh
- M365 Copilot overview: What is M365 Copilot and how can it help you optimize your Microsoft 365 experience?
- What’s under the hood: How does M365 Copilot work and what are the main features and benefits of using it?
- Demonstrations with examples: We will show you some real-life scenarios of how M365 Copilot can assist you with various tasks and challenges in your daily work.
Nicholas Aquino is a Senior Technical Specialist for Cloud Endpoint at Microsoft. He helps customers leverage the power of cloud-based solutions for managing their devices and applications. He is also a Microsoft 365 Copilot Champion, staying updated on the latest features and best practices of Microsoft 365. With over 20 years of experience in endpoint management for large enterprises, he brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to his role. Nicholas is based in Southeast Michigan, where he enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
Jasmine Hoegh, PMP and Technical Specialist for Healthcare and Life Sciences at Microsoft for 2.5 years. Prior to that, she was a Program Manager for a variety of organizations such as Lumen and Disney. She is passionate about the success of customers and leveraging technology to solve business problems. She is a PMP, Six Sigma, Scrum, Prosci Change management certified as well as a host of MSFT certifications. She is an avid gamer and lover of her family and people.