Resources from Nov/Dec 2017 MEMUG
For those that missed the session on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: What Enterprises Can Expect, below are the links and references. The presentation content itself was based upon the public blog post on What’s new in Windows 10, version 1709 IT Pro content. Many thanks to the sponsorship from the local team at Beacon Hill.
Additional references included:
- Features that are removed or deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
- Windows 10 releases
- Quality Update info
- Silicon Support Policy
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
- Windows 10 Support Lifecycle
Haven’t deployed Windows 10 yet? Or need a place to “safely” test it’s features and capabilities?
- Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness – a free service that helps you identify compatibility issues that can block an upgrade and that proactively suggests fixes.
- Windows 10 virtual labs – hands-on labs featuring step-by-step instructions and virtual machines so you can try out the latest security, deployment, and management options with no setup or additional software required.
- Windows 10 Deployment and Management Lab Kit – a pre-configured virtual lab environment and step-by-step lab guides to help you review and test an in-place upgrade as well as traditional deployment methods such as with ConfigMgr.
Additional reading on the new security capabilities in Windows 10 1709.
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard: Reducing the attack surface with next-generation host intrusion prevention
- Stopping ransomware where it counts: Protecting your data with Controlled folder access
- Making Microsoft Edge the most secure browser with Windows Defender Application Guard
- Introducing Windows Defender Application Control
- Hardening the system and maintaining integrity with Windows Defender System Guard