February 2014 MEMUG *Updated*
SQL and PowerShell in ConfigMgr
Joe S. from tw telecom presenting. He will be walking through how to use SQL and PowerShell against the SCCM database to automate the age old question – What servers will be patched during the next patching cycle?
- Creating a custom SQL Query or view of the SCCM Database for Collection members or “It is time for patching again- what servers will be patched”?
- Why would I want to do this outside SCCM?
- I now have a list of servers – what good is that or understanding the SQL query so that we can use it elsewhere
- Incorporating PowerShell to query the SCCM SQL database
- Emailing the SQL Query
- Automatically Posting the SQL Query results to a web page or “I don’t want to be bothered with the same old question – What servers will be patched?”
- Friday Feb 28th
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm MDT
- Microsoft Office in the Denver Tech Center
7595 Technology Way, Suite 400
Denver, CO 80237