Friday, February 22nd, 3:00pm – 5:00pm MSTAdvance registration is REQUIRED
Do you feel overwhelmed with the speed at which Microsoft delivers updates to Windows and Office? Do you suffer from anxiety due to the number of machines you have which are two versions behind and quickly approaching end of life?
Instead of popping a Xanax join us for a session with two Windows Servicing experts who will guide you through your anxiety and bring you to a place of Zen.
||Joel Frauenheim is a 20 year veteran of Microsoft working on a variety of software engineering roles supporting many different products. He is responsible for the systems that create, publish and distribute WaaS (Updates). He looks forward to understanding how to optimize the system to improve the velocity and experience for enterprise customers.
||Dave Backman is a 25-year veteran in the IT Industry, primarily in the Infrastructure and Desktop Engineering space, who has recently joined WSD to help evangelize Windows 10 and help customers understand the Modern Desktop and move their journey forward.
The goal for the session will be to better understand our customer needs and improve the service offering for future releases. The benefits of meeting will be inclusive of:
- Better understand the new Servicing model and approach for both Windows and Office
- Better understand the roadmap of Windows 10, WaaS and Windows Analytics
- Get insights into how to work around any issues or challenges you may be faced with in landing Windows as a Service
- Understand how other customers have successfully embraced Windows as a Service
- Provide direct feedback on how to improve the service offerings
- Get deeper insights into the Supplemental Servicing model for WaaS
- Get insights into optimizing your delivery model in your ecosystem and what the future holds with regards to improvements in the delivery mechanisms
- Learn about best practices and lessons learned from other customers on how to land and deploy WaaS
- Receive some prescriptive guidance around deployments and how to build out your ring strategy
Monday, December 3rd, 2:00pm – 4:00pm MSTAdvance Registration IS REQUIRED
“Finally, all of my server infrastructure is in Azure.” You breathe a sigh of relief. “Now what?” you ask yourself on a flight to Redmond, WA. Then it hits you… if your laptop can operate from the clouds… why can’t all of your workstations live in the cloud?
Join us to learn about Windows Virtual Desktop, the best virtualized Windows and Office experience delivered on Azure. Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates. With Windows Virtual Desktop, you can deploy and scale Windows and Office on Azure in minutes, with built-in security and compliance.
- Overview of Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and architecture considerations
- Setting up WVD in Azure
- Demo of WVD full desktop and application streaming
Nick Moseley from Microsoft (and one of our faithful leaders) will be presenting! Also food and drink will be provided courtesy of Microsoft!
Friday, October 26th, 3:00pm – 5:00pm MST(Please register in advance so that we can estimate attendance)
It’s coming! For any of you unfamiliar with the next generation of packaging, MSIX is going to take all of the best parts from App-V, MSI, ClickOnce, UWP, and Appx and roll them into one new standard to rule them all. Since it’s still in its infancy this is the best time to learn and to be able to provide feedback – get ahead of the curve!
Do you want to learn how you can convert your installers into MSIX?
Do you want to learn what is coming down the road in ConfigMgr for MSIX support (including automated conversion of applications)?
Then don’t miss this session!
Friday, June 22nd, 3:00pm – 5:00pm MST
Join us for a tour of the Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Denver and an update from our friends at Patch My PC about their new automated publishing service. Pizza and soda will be provided courtesy of Patch My PC.
Advance registration is REQUIRED.
Join us for a tour of the Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Denver this month! Get some first hand experience on what the Microsoft Technology Center can offer you and your business – trust us you won’t want to miss this event. Invite your co-workers and your bosses too – they’ll be glad you did!
The tour will cover the following topics:
- Introduction and Exploratorium: Introduction to the Denver Microsoft Technology Center
- Data Center: See the on-premises data center and discuss its current and potential usage
- MTC Envisioining Center: Visit our Envisioning Center and get an overview of the facility and its capabilities. Discuss how we use the Envisioning Center to tell the story of digital transformations.
- MTC Engagement Rooms: See each of our MTC Engagement rooms and discuss their purpose and capabilities.
- Vail and Q/A: See our room designed mainly for workshops and hackathons. Discuss MTC Engagement types. General MTC Q&A.
See how easy third-party patch management can be in Microsoft SCCM. Justin Chalfant will show Patch My PC’s new automated publishing service. We’ll show you how you can integrate over 120 third-party patches into SCCM in under 10 minutes!